My Favorite Way To Drink Enough Water...


For the last three weeks, I have been easily getting at least 8 cups of water a day...which for me is crazy amazing.  Here's what I am doing:

First let me say, I love Mason jars.  To me they are the symbol of everything I appreciate in life.  They are pretty, practical and when I hold one, I feel like I'm holding a piece of domestic history in my hand.  

The Mason Pint Jar holds 2.5 cups of liquid (20 oz.).  I've figured that if I get at least 3 of these a day I am doing great!  I found the lids on a VeryJane deal a while ago (you can probably easily find them online somewhere).


Here's my concoction:

  • 1/4 - 1/8 cup grapefruit juice (I just juice a big batch at the beginning of the week...so much better...no added stuff)  
  • One packet of stevia powder (about a tsp.) and then fill 'er up with cold water!  

So fresh. So yummy! So easy to suck down!

We all know the benefits of water and I have always loved grapefruit juice so I did a little search on the benefits of grapefruit juice and I found some great ones!  Here's just a few I've noticed:

  1. Major energy booster.  I am always shocked at how good I feel after just a few sips in the morning and then when I really need it in the late afternoon.  So much more energy for me.
  2. My system just feels cleaner.
  3. I am not as hungry and don't have as many cravings during the day.
For more benefits, information and a few warnings, you can read this, this, this and this.

Let me know if you try it and like it!

P.S.  I tried something new this week and really love it.  I put two apples, grapefruit juice (with all of the pulp...might as well get all that fiber right?) into my Blendtec...used the whole juice setting and  it made a perfect juice base for my water this week!  Oh and every once in a while I'll add a tablespoon of chia seeds...yummy if you like the texture!

P.P.S. My friend Shea says that cucumber is a great thing to add too!  I'm gonna try it one of these days!



6 comments:

  1. Too funny, I drink from mason jar too!!! Now I must buy the lid!!! Thanks for the link!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these lids! Thanks for the link. Ummm... 2.5 cups is 20 ounces, not 32. A quart IS 32 ounces so either so either these jars hold 4 cups = 32 ounces or they hold 2.5 cups = 20 ounces. Not that it really matters, but if one is trying to have exactly a certain amount of fluids, it would would be good to be certain if it holds a quart (32 ounces or 4 cups) or if it only holds 2.5 cups).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Jennifer!
    Thanks for pointing that out...my poor distracted mind! I did ounce measurements for a quart jar instead of a pint...I've made the change! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hannah, I hope I didn't sound critical. I didn't mean it that way. Actually, I was interested in doing just as you are for drinking more water and those fun lids...well...just wanted to be sure I was getting the same kind as you.

    Hugs!
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not at all Jennifer! I appreciate the help!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a great idea. I am so ready for a better routine. Hopefully soon. :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean so much. Thanks for taking the time to say something.